Friday, September 18, 2015

Third National Title of the year

Hi Everyone

Last Sunday I took part in the third race of the Birkirkara St Joseph Triathlon Series. This race was also the National Sprint Distance Triathlon Championships. I had a pretty slow start compared to the previous races. I could not find my usual pace un the swim and they were a lot of boats and small buoys which I was bumping into them. I manged to get into a sort of pace in the last 300m and went out of the water first in a time of 10.44



On the bike however I settled immediately into a good pace. I was feeling strong and was feeling my legs fresh. I paid attention not to overdo it on the bike as I wanted to do a good run. I came in T2 leading the race covering the 20km in 31.26. After a good transition I started the 5km at a fast pace trying to keep up with a runner who was part of a relay team.


Finally I managed to go under the 18minutes barrier in the run as I did the 5km in 17.55 to win my 19th race of the season and the Sprint Distance title in 1.01.09, 15seconds away from my course record. I am very pleased with my performance. I am happy with my bike and run and am a bit disappointed with my swim as I could have gone much faster but I will be more careful about my start in the next race. This title was my 3rd National Title of the year and my 9th Multisport title of my career. Thanks to this victory I consolidated my first place in the general classification with more than 5 minutes lead.

 I would like to thank my coach Dermot Galea, my swimming coach Catalin Stan, my parents and my wife’s parents, my brother in law Neil Galea and his wife Alin, my nutritionist Johanna Calleja, my masseur Owen Attard, my sponsors Garmin Malta, BBB Bike Parts Malta, Jaycee Malta, Challenge Malta Marathon, Mochika Outdoor life, DGtri.com, Starbene 24/7 and Lucida Laundry, my club Birkirkara St Joseph, the Malta Triathlon Federation and the Kunsill malti ghall-isport for the constant support. I really wisk to thank the Maltese Olympic Committee for this opportunity. Also would like to thank my wife Elizabeth for her constant support and great patience.


That’s all for now 
Yours in sports 
Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment