Thursday, March 30, 2017

First win of the season on foreign soil


Hi Everyone

Recently I participated in the first Satiro Sprint Duathlon held in Mazara del Vallo in the Region of Trapani in Sicily. The race consisted of the 5km around the historical place of Mazara, 20km on the promenade of San Vito and finish again with a 2.5km Run. The weather was really good but it was very windy which made the bike very difficult for us athletes. Unfortunately few days before the race I got sick so I did not know how my body was going to react under race pace intensity. For sure I knew it was not going to be an easy race


I went immediately in front setting my own pace. Only Mario Giordano of Multisport Catania managed to keep up with my pace. We entered together in T1 and started the bike together helping each other opening agood  gap from the rest of the field. Due to strong winds and not feeling 100% it was useless to attack so I decided to keep on working with Giordano and leave everything for the last run.

After a good T2 I went out of the transition leading the race with Giordano hot on my heels but I noticed that he was struggling and kept a sustained pace until 100m from the finishing line where I opened my sprint finish to win the race in 59.08. This was my2nd win of the season and the first one on foreign soil. I am very pleased that I managed to win the race even though I was not well but in my opinion winning the race on a weak body means that I am in a very good shape.


I  would like to thank Sportmalta for funding this race and for the Flexi training scheme, my coach Ivan Rozhnov and my brother Dermot Galea, my family and my wife’s family, my nutritionist Johanna Galea, my masseur Owen Attard and my sponsors www.garminmalta.com, BBB Cycling Malta, Jaycee Malta, Saracino CafĂ©, Scott Bikes, Starbene 24/7, Team Barry Malta International Challenge Marathon, Lucida Laundry, emviigee

PR&Marketing, my Club Birkirkara St Joseph, the Malta Triathlon Federation and the Maltese Olympic Committee for the constant support

Most of all a big tanks goes to my wife Elizabeth and my daughter Elise for being there for me every time I need them and for their great support and patience which are very fundamental for me

That’s all for Now
Yours in sports

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment