Thursday, February 12, 2015

1st in Dingli 10km

Hi Everyone

The Malta Half Marathon is getting closer and to continue improve my form with the aim to reach my peak for the big day, I participated in the 2nd edition of the Dingli 10km organised by the Savio Athletic Club. We had to face a very challenging hilly course around Dingli with both start and finish at Savio Collage. There were some strong winds around the course which did not made things easier. 

I made my intentions clear right from the start as I went into lead settling a very fast pace. I was closely followed by my friend and National Polish AG 25-29 Triathlon Champion Piotr Yanuchefski. After 2km Yanuchefski could not keep on with my pace leaving me leading the race alone. Seeing myself in the lead of the race, I decided to continue to push to increase my lead


I was very surprised that my legs were very strong since I had a very tough week of training. It was very tough when running through the cliffs due to the strong winds but was happy that my legs were responding well and could keep up with a good place. I knew that I was going to beat the course record and managed to do so as I went on to win the race in a course record time of 35.08 beating the previous record by more than 6 minutes.



I am very pleased with my performance. I am very happy with my second win of the season and also with the time as it was a very hilly route and the wind was very strong especially when running through the Dingli Cliffs.  I am happy with my current form and am very looking forward for the forthcoming Malta Half Marathon in 2 weeks’ time. A very big well done to my friend Piotr Yanuchefski for placing third posting a strong time of 38.58 and also to my athlete Annetto Schembri for posting a new personal best time on such a difficult course


I would like to thank my brother/coach Dermot Galea, my swimmnig coach Cataloin Stan, my parents and my wife's parents, my masseaur, Owen Attard, my sponsors Garmin Malta, BBB Bike Parts Malta, Jaycee Malta, Challange Malta Marathon and Starbene 24/7, my club Birkirkara St Joseph, the Malta Triathlon Federation, the Kunsill Malti Ghall - isport and the Maltese Olympic Committee for the continuous support. 

Most of all a big thanks goes to my super wife Elizabeth for coming to support me again. Her presence at each and ever race and support is fundamental for me to give my best in every race. Thanks a lot to everyone, this win is also yours.

That’s all for know.
Yours in Sports.
Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment