Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First Victory in a 10km Race


Hi Everyone

On Sunday 29th May I won my first ever 10km running race in the elite category in my home town, Mosta. I was looking for a personal best but with the windy condition is was nearly impossible to set a fast time so I focused on just winning the race

I took the lead from the very first kilometres. After 1km I was joined by other two runners. We remain together until the 5th kilometres were I significantly increased the pace and opened a good advantage which I manage to keep till the end.



I came home first, way in front from my opponents in a time of 36minutes. I am very happy with my performance because thanks to this win Birkirkara St Joseph regained the top spot in a running race and it was simply great coming first in my own home town Before this race,

I achieved another good result in the 2nd race of the National Cycling Championship held in San Martin Circuit. I placed 4th and was only beaten by other 3 cyclists in a sprint finish. I attacked in the beginning of the race and hoped to get other riders with me but was immediately reached by the main group.



Then the main favourites of the race made their move and I attacked with them. I happened to be with Etienne bonello and Maurice Formosa in the lead like the previous race. Clive Ebejer of Melita C.C. was also in the leading group and we worked really well together so that this attack will be successful. The race had to be decided in a sprint finish. Etienne won the race with Maurice 2nd, Clive 3rd and me 4th.

Train Safe

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment