Saturday, September 8, 2012

A win ala Pantani

Hi Everyone . Finally back to racing after a month and a half of very hard training. After the 2nd race of the Birkirkara St Joseph Series I took an easy recovery week before starting training hard to finish such a successful season on a high note. I spent the month of august really training hard. I was training 3 times a day with a total of 30hrs of training a week and it was not easy to finish all the training especially with the heat. It was really hard but I gave my best in every session because I want to achieve my target at all costs, TO WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN OCTOBER. On Sunday 2nd September I took part in the third race of the Birkirkara St Joseph triathlon Series. I was looking forward for this race as I wanted to see the results of training done. I was a bit worried before the race as I was not feeling so well during the week. I was feeling very tired. I think because all the tiredness of the previous weeks took its toll. I rested a lot on Friday and Saturday and luckily I was fresh for the race
I started the 750m swim at a very hard pace. I wanted to do a strong performance and test myself. I was on the lead from the very beginning. I kept the lead together with two swimmers and went out of the water in 11.19, which is t my best swim time of the season. After a good transition, I started the bike at a very hard pace. I felt strong on the bike from the very beginning. I noticed that after the first lap my advantage on my rivals increased so I really digged in. I covered the 20km in 29.43 which was the best bike split of the day thus increasing my advantage I felt my legs fresh after the bike and it was a good sign for the run. I pushed a lot. I wanted to do a good time and winning the race in a dominant way. I wanted to show my superiority in the sport. I wanted to win the race by more than a minute or two. After covering the 5km in 17.50 which was the best running split of the day as well I won the race in 59.42, 3 sec away from course record. 2nd guy 3mins behind and 3rd guy 5mins behind.
I am very happy with my race. This was a great win, una vittoria ala pantani, arrivando sul traguardo staccandu tutti. I am happy that all that training is paying off and now I am very looking forward for my next races and very confident as well in my abilities. I am going to continue training hard till the end of the season. I want to win the championships at all costs NO MATTER WHAT!!!! Thats all for now Yours in Sport Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment